Our Fast Track class satisfies the requirements of down payment assistance and other programs that help First-Time Homebuyers. Examples include the Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA), The Housing Fund, Welcome Home and the City of Murfreesboro Community Development Department. You will receive your certificate once you have completed eight hours of education. The cost for the Fast Track Class is $25.00.
We use the Realizing the American Dream curriculum developed by Neighborworks America. The curriculum covers topics such as:
- Are you ready to purchase a home?
- Managing your money
- Understanding Credit
- Obtaining a mortgage loan
- Shopping for a home
- Protecting your investment
The workbook used during the class is yours to keep for reference after the class. It is useful as you go down the path of homeownership.
Some of the comments from people who have gone through our class:
- “The Instructor kept class interesting.. I would take it again!”
- “I think all new homebuyers should be required to take this class.”
- “This is required for my loan, but I recommend that others should take it voluntarily. It was awesome.”